Monday, February 2, 2009

1st Blog- The Illiterate Blogger Sets Out

This is a first attempt at a blog. My ignorance is my forte, quest for a meaningful world, my telos. Such levels of technological illiteracy does not pale nor damp my quest. Technology- which I have never used that extensively, has given me ample space of silence. Even without technology, not poorer have I been as the mind can never rest and it seeks to venture through distant horizons in order to open and reach them. If I cannot reach, atleast I tried. My eyes have gazed at the space above in the blue orb and stars. They have not been focused on to the deeper and darker space within the web. For my premier try at a blog, I ruminate upon how the social and the symbolic are constantly bridged, never do we as humans take the skewed view of one forsaking the other. From the lofty heights of the experience of oneself within one's place in the universe, to the rudimentary interactional social ground of day to day life, a vast bridge is intellectually spanned. Education is central to this. Within the spanning arc, meaning is not given but is sought, discovered and shared. No one can own or claim it, but we can create meaningfulness and share it. The giveness of meaning, is the ossification of ideology structured in the mind. To uproot the ideology would take the entire span of one's life, or perhaps never. Hence one can die in ignorance through the claims to ownership of meaning. To understand what is human, is to jettison all claims to meaning. From the radically-illiterate-itinerant in New York 2nd February 09

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first steps in cyberspace. I am looking forward to more on your views on the ideology of technology and the educational apparatus.

    ReplyDelete